Thursday, June 9, 2011

Office Trial Does Not Install: There was a problem setting up Microsoft Office...

Wow, this is strange. Apparently, Microsoft uses a quick-install that uses the Q drive. I got this error message when trying to install Office:

"There was a problem setting up Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010: There
was a problem setting up Microsoft Office. Try running Setup again. If the
problem continues, contact Microsoft Product Support."

This link showed me the way: http://brianmorristech.com/?p=484. I went back to the download page, clicked on "Advanced" and am now downloading the full version. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. How lame is it that Microsoft tries to get you to install that strange cloud-type version of Office? I'm glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete